Community Care Fellowship (CCF) is a day shelter for the poor and homeless. Their mission is to provide a place of respite and rest without a load of requirements.
CCF provides a wide range of services, such as meals, showers, cleaning facilities, phone privileges, a mailing address, diapers & other supplies, gasoline vouchers, counseling, job referral, and financial assistance for rent and electric bills. CCF also offers an After School program for children living in the James A. Cayce Housing Project.
At HUMC, individuals, families, Sunday School classes, and other church-affiliated groups frequently volunteer at CCF. In addition, several HUMC members serve on their Board of Directors. Our church has begun an annual tradition of collect new underwear in January to supply CCF for a WHOLE YEAR.
How to Help:
- Volunteer at their facility! Current volunteer needs are:
- receptionists to register guests (3-hour shifts: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 12 – 3 p.m., Mon. – Fri.)
- kitchen help to prepare and/or serve lunches (2-hour shift from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. on Tues., Thurs. and Fri.)
- hygiene helpers to coordinate shower times and laundry and handing out supplies (3-hour shifts of 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 12 – 3 p.m., Mon. through Fri.)
- For information about volunteering in the reception and hygiene areas, call Ryan LaSuer at (615) 227-1953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check our church newsletter, website, and service announcements for their Wish List. These in-kind donations of items they currently need can be delivered to our church office.
- Donations can be made to assist the CCF program. Checks should be made payable to Hermitage UMC and specify that your donation is for the CCF program. Deliver it to the church office or place it in the collection basket.
HUMC Coordinators: Bruce Long, Ann Parker and Pam Baldridge
Visit the Community Care Fellowship website, www.ccfnashville.org for other opportunities on getting involved in this ministry.